• Provide CIS and Georgian former weapons scientists, particularly those with knowledge and skills related to weapons of mass destruction and their delivery systems, opportunities to redirect their talents to peaceful activities
• Contribute to solving national and global technological problems
• Support basic and applied research
• Support the transition to market-based economies
• Encourage the integration of CIS and Georgian former weapons scientists into the international scientific community
Engaging Scientific Communities Globally
The principle activity through which the ISTC meets these objectives is through the management of science R&D projects. Institutes throughout Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan coordinate project proposals with the ISTC Secretariat for review and funding.Project participants and institutes receiving ISTC funding benefit from the Center's supporting programs such as travel grants, workshops, seminars, international conferences, and commercialization support.